Monday, February 20, 2012

Time To Curtail My Screen Time

On the local train, while on my way from work, I was standing behind a man at the doorway. He was fiddling around with his mobile phone and I found myself, repeatedly, staring at his mobile screen. There wasn't any salacious SMS to be read or anything else that might interest me. It just seems that any screen in my field of vision, with its hundreds of thousands of flickering pixels, has the ability to hold my gaze, even if it is for a little while. I guess it is time to start defining screen time by the hour and make a conscious effort to cut down the time I spend washed in the warm white glow of one. I could also restrict the number of screens I expose myself to and also the hours I will spend looking into one. Maybe I'll go with a policy of three screens on a weekday (the work computer, my mobile, and the home computer or television or a cinema screen), not exceeding 12 hours a day, and two screens on weekends, for less than 6 hours a day. Let us see how this goes.

Posted via email from Are You Off Guard?

No comments:

Post a Comment