Friday, June 17, 2005

Missing and Blissful

A few days ago my block went missing, haven’t seen him since. This guy has been with me for over 2 years. Other than a few sabbaticals that he afforded me in the middle, the chap has been solely responsible for the really mediocre quality of literature I churned out incessantly. The humour was always insipid, the philosophy confused and the rest irrelevant. Without him my grammar may not improve, the jokes would be as stale as ever and my metaphors and similes absent. This however wouldn’t weigh on my mind as it was always the block as an entity that mattered. My lack of talent was always blatant, but the block made it difficult to cover up. Now in his absence I can lace my sentences in words that I never knew existed or understood.

No comments:

Post a Comment